Eligibility & Conditions
- A team must consist of 2-4 persons registered as students in Switzerland at the ETH/EPF, FH/HES or Universities.
- Students who wish to receive credits (semester project or other) for their participation in the team project, should contact professors/labs who agree to supervise their individual contribution to the project and provide the grade.
- Teams may submit more than one project, but they are to be submitted as separate projects for individual assessment.
A PhD student, postdoc, professor or staff researcher must agree to coach the team. The conception and overall design of the project must originate from the student (i.e. a “bottom-up” approach).
The Swiss jury consists of international experts in the field of microsensors.
- Christine Alépée, SGX Sensortech
- Martin Anklin, Endress + Hauser
- Andre Bernard, NTB
- Axel Bertholds, Sensoptic
- Danick Bionda, Micronarc
- Benjamin Bonnal, Motion Pilot SA
- Prof. Jürgen Brugger, EPFL (iCAN Switzerland Project Leader)
- Edward Byrne, FSRM (iCAN Switzerland Coordinator)
- Ivan Defilippis, SUPSI
- Michel Despont, CSEM
- Philippe Fischer, FSRM
- Sebastian Gautsch, EPFL
- Markus Graf, Sensirion
- François Gueissaz, Asulab
- Eliav Haskal, NCCR / University of Fribourg
- Prof. Andreas Hierlemann, ETHZ Basel
- Prof. Christofer Hierold, ETHZ
- Peter Kirchhofer, Independent/Sensors.ch
- Rolf Klappert, UNI NE
- Philippe Krebs, Consultant
- Martin Rajman, Nano-Tera
- Prof. Nico de Rooij, EPFL, CSEM
- Luciana Vaccaro, HES-SO
- Benedetto Vigna, ST Microelectronics
Evaluation + Prize
- A sample jury evaluation form »» iCAN17_evaluation_criteria.
- All decisions made by the jury are final.
- The winning team will be granted the privilige to represent Switzerland at the iCAN 2020 International Finals, to be held in Nanjing, China from June 26 – 28, 2020.
- Airfare (economy class) and hotel expenses for the winning team will be covered by the iCAN-Swiss Competition.
- All other travel costs are the responsibility of the student (visa, pocket money, meals, etc).